Asparagus in spring are super tender and tasty. Try this pasta with a bit of fresh salmon for a quick and easy dish.
- 1 package of pasta 500 gr
- 1 fresh salmon fillet cut in small pieces
- 450 gr asparagus
- 1 dried onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (fresh if you can find)
- juice of 1-2 lemons and zest
- 1 tsp dried basil or 3 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- lots of parmesan/grana padano cheese
- 2 tbs butter
- optional: 1 tsp pine nuts
Prepare the asparagus. Wash them up, cut the bottom part and cut the rest in small pieces.
Boil the pasta 2 minutes less that the recommended time from the manufacturer for al dente.
Keep one cup of the boiled pasta water.
Add the olive oil in a large pan and saute the asparagus with the onion (add the pine nuts if you like). Salt the asparagus here for more flavor.
Add the salmon and the garlic and stir for a minute.
Then add the water from the pasta, the lemon and lemon zest, the basil and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Add the pasta, the cheese and butter and stir.
Leave for 5 minutes and then serve.