Well, spring has just arrived now that i upload this recipe, lemon flavor is always amazing this time of year! Of course oven baked donuts remind more of a cake/muffin, but my daughter loves them and it’s a brilliant recipe to avoid frying.
I use oats flour and coconut sugar for a healthier version, but normal flour and white sugar will do. If you use white sugar their color will also be lighter.
For the donuts:
- 4/3 cups oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40 grams melted butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup light milk
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt 2%
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
For the lemon glaze:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cups powder sugar
- 3 drops yellow pastry color (optional)
- Stir the eggs with the sugar, agave, milk, yogurt and melted butter.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, salt, vanilla and baking powder.
- Add the flour little by little and stir. The consistency should be thick as a cake, so add more milk if it gets too thick, or add flour if it is runny.
- Divide evenly in a silicon donut tray (coat with some butter so that they don’t get sticky) and bake for 13 minutes in a preheated oven at 170C.
- Let them cool.
- Mix the lemon with the powder sugar to make the glaze.
- Dive each donut in the glaze and serve!
- You can decorate with sprinkles, lemon zest, poppy seeds etc.
One Comment Add yours
Those donuts look appetizing, without the guilt! 🍩