This recipe is perfect for summer, when zucchinis are at their best!
- 8 round zucchinis
- 4 tbsps rice Carolina or Arborio per zucchini (32 tbsp total)
- 1 dry onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove smashed
- 1 carrot grated
- the flesh of 2-3 zucchinis (avoid the many seeds)
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley
- 2 tbsps fresh mint
- 2 tbsps fresh dill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried ginger powder
- 1 cup olive oil
For the feta bechamel sauce:
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 cups milk
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- pinch of salt/fresh grated peppermix
- Wash and cut the top of the zucchinis.
- With a small spoon remove the flesh, and smash the flesh of 2-3 zucchinis in a food processor.
- Saute in a pan the onion and the garlic with the olive oil. Then add the rice and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini flesh and carrot and 1 1/2 cup water.
- Add salt/pepper, and all the other ingredients and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour salt and some olive oil in the empty zucchinis, and stuff them with the rice.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and put in the oven for 1 hour (180C air). Then remove the foil and leave for another 35 minutes (160C).
For the sauce:
- Melt the butter in a casserole and add the corn flour whisking constantly in medium heat to make a roux.
- Then add the milk little-by-litlle while stiring. When the sauce gets the consistency you like, remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
* Alternative! if you want a lighter version of sauce, then just mix 300 grams greek yogurt with the feta, dill, lemon zest and 3 tbsp olive oil!