I love this dish, it is so healthy and comforty! In Greece we have it as a main course, but it is also a good side dish to fish, chicken or meatballs.
- 1kgr spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cup rice (carolina, arborio or carnaroli)
- 2 fresh onions chopped
- 1 dry onion chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dill chopped
- lemon of 1-2 lemons
- optional: chopped tomatoes, cherry tomatoes or 1/4 tomato juice
- Put the olive oil in a pan or pot and add the onions.
- Stir until you get a nice color of the onions then add the rice and stir for another 10-15 seconds.
- Add the spinach, now it will release its’ juices but add another cup of water.
- Season with salt/pepper, add the dill and the lemon juice.
- Cover with the lid and slow cook for 20 minutes.
- Be careful as it gets sticky in the bottom so check and stir it often.
- Serve with extra lemon!