There is a love/hate situation with those small green balls called brussel sprouts!
Actually in Greece we are not used to cooking them, but i like to use them from times to times as a side dish. This recipe is very easy and makes them a bit more interesting.
- 3-4 cups brussel sprouts
- 1 tomato chopped in cubes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper cut in large pieces
- 1 carrot in half and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic cream (i used one with orange/lemon flavor)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Clean the brussel sprouts and remove the outer leaves.
- Cut the tomato, the pepper and carrot.
- Add the veggies in a pan, add all the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Cook in the oven 180o until the vegetables are tender (about 30 minutes).