These cupcakes were made for my daughter’s name day and they came up amazing!
COOKING TIME: 20 min
Makes 12 muffins:
- 1 cup cake flour (self rising)
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 330 grams Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 50 grams butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
For the strawberries:
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon liqueur like Grand Marnier or Metaxa brandy or lemon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
For the buttercream to transform the muffins into cupcakes:
- 1 package cream cheese (200grams), softened
- ¼ cup butter 100 grams, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- food color
- Beat all the buttercream ingredients in a blender and store in the fridge. Add the food color you want.
- Put the strawberries with the sugar and the liqueur in a bowl.
- Blend the oats in a food processor.
- Mix the oats with the flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and then add the yogurt, butter and milk.
- Mix altogether and add the strawberries with their juices.
- Divide equally the dough in 12 scoops in a muffin tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven 180C for 20 minutes.
- When they cool down decorate with the buttercream.