This aubergine salad comes from Constantinople and is absolutely amazing as a dip or a side dish. Fresh bread or pitta is mandatory!
- 2 eggplants
- 1 red pepper (Florinis)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp lemon juice or 1/4 tbsp white vinegar
- salt to your taste
- optional: 1 smashed garlic clove or 1 teaspoon chopped onion, 1 teaspoon parsley
- Roast the eggplants and the pepper in the gas fire. If you want the original aubergine salad, fire is the only option! The taste should be smokey. If you don’t have fire, cook the veggies in the oven at 200°C upper grill for about 15 minutes.
- When they are still hot, put them in a bowl and cover with clingfilm and let them rest for 15 minutes. This will make the next step easier.
- Use a plate and remove the skin off the veggies. Small black burnt chunks are ok! Don’t get crazy to remove all of them.
- Smash them with a fork and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Dip fresh bread and enjoy!