Chicken nuggets is always a good idea! I personally avoid frying so these are oven baked and a little bit healthier, extra crispy because of the rusks i use and extra soft because i use chicken thighs instead of breast.
(makes 24 nuggets)
- 680 grams chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1-2 eggs depending their size
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup of Cretan barley rusks smashed in the blender (i also used Kythirian olive oil rusks)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cut the chicken and season well with salt and pepper.
- Get ready and have your bowls in a row…The first bowl with the flour, the second with the eggs and the third one with the rusks mixed with Parmesan, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour the flour on the chicken and mix to go everywhere.
- Dive one-by-one each piece in the egg and then in the rusk mix and coat it well with your hand.
- Place them in a non-stick oiled pan and pour the rest of the oil on top.
- Cook for 30 minutes in 180C (356F).
- Always cut the biggest piece in half to check if the chicken is well cooked before you take them off the oven.